Tuesday, July 12, 2005

T-Shirts

I have many shirts with words written on them. Some have brand names and others have things like Spongebob Squarepants saying something dorky. In the past I have worn shirts like this without thinking what anyone else might think. Or to put it another way, what does my wardrobe say about me? I ran into a man at the hospital my mom was in and this guy was wearing a white t-shirt with a huge red cross on it (just like the red cross logo). Was this guy a member of Red Cross? Was he a life guard? The answer is NO. Upon further reading under the red cross on his shirt it said "Bikini Patrol". My opinion of him diminshed drastically. I bet he couldn't even swim. I felt like a scornful feminist (a fate worse than death) and as he tried to make casual conversation in the elevator I was not so friendly. I imagined his car full of empty Corona bottles and sex wax (for surf boards) tubs. This could have been a terrible father's day present or a gag gift from his brother but I was judging this poor guy on his shirt. I wonder how many people have dismissed me because of my clothing. Not that it matters because I will wear what I want but it really got me thinking.

Two more days until my computer is up and running and no more laptop blogging!

6 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I know what you mean, though, about people judging us by our clothes. So I don't let my hubby wear his "Who's your daddy?" Sugardaddy(tm) shirt unless we're going somewhere that I think people won't be offended.

Also, we were trying to make up tees for a yearly event in our small town. We all like the Route 66 paraphernalia that's sold, so we wanted to do one with the expressway that goes through town.

Except that the road is called I-69.

Yeah, I know.

(I almost inadvertantly wrote, "That sucks.")

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Have a great day and hopefully the laptop blogging ends soon.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

I don't even wear t-shirts anymore just since I work in a professional job, so I just dress that way everyday...saves on having to open my drawer and only find blue jeans and tshirts. Instead you'll find dress pants and blouses.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

T-shirts are an easy way to end up labeling someone mum. Regardless who is wearing it or what it says. That's just how it ends up.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst thing that happened to me was wear grubbies to clean the house while the gallery was open. I help some customers and notice when they leave that I was wearing a "new queens on the block" t shirt! I was mortified. I might be a big ol queen but thats just tacky.
k

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Great pondering today. I'm very picky about my t-shirts. If they advertise something, then I better believe in what I'm wearing. Most of mine are 5K shirts, Nike or Adidas, or plain jane nothing on them but color shirts.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

good post
if I saw a kid walking aroound in the T
I used to wear to malls,( just to see shocked faces), I would knock his obnoxious head off.
Funyy how times are the same, and WE change

 

Post a Comment

<< Home