Thursday, July 14, 2005

Mayhem and Merriment

Here are some images of my move. When we arrived to our new place we realized that the management quickly got our place ready and the cleaning crew forgot to clean several places. The storage room has a cement floor and it was covered in some really gross mess, the closet doors were missing and I found this drawer full of stuff left by the former residents. Imagine my surprise when I opened this drawer to line it. Pretty disgusting, don't you agree?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Then we had over a week to clean this place and get ready for the movers to finally deliver our furniture. They damaged a cheap desk and you know how they left the beds already but they also knocked the railing off on the bottom stairs. I think this irritated me more than anything else because it meant that they just weren't careful and did not care about our stuff one iota. We might not have fabulous furniture or live in a huge mansion but it is ours and we worked hard to get every bit of it. Jerks.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



But for all of my misfortune and complaining this picture makes it all worth it. So far my youngest son hasn't missed a day collecting fireflies. He got super excited when one managed to fly into the house by mistake. I am telling you the truth when I say I feel seven years old all over again whenever I am around him.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Have a great day everyone!

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

teach me how tofeel young again? I seriously dont' remember how to play or have fun or being a kid at all. Not in the traditional sense. it sucks the most when my children want to play something with me, but I just don't seem to get it, they sense it and without fail will leave within 5 mins. of our game saying I'm not playing right, or I don't know how to play.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Gosh, to be seven years old again.... wouldn't that be great?

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh YAY!!! I was hoping you'd still have some fireflies left there at this point in the summer.

Take care!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Whisper said...

Sweet little ones like him are what we all need once in a while. =) As long as he is smiling, it's good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home