Wednesday, June 22, 2005

No Fear

I wish I could be like my son. He is still young enough to have no fear. Today he got up in front of his entire day camp and sang his favorite Chris Tomlin song with no music, off key and out of tune but he sang his little heart out. When do we change to be too intimidated to do things like that? I wish I could be fearless. Sing like no one is listening. I never realized how much the concept of fear influences my choices in life. I think I am getting tired of being afraid. It's time to start living more and thriving instead of merely surviving. How empowering.

4 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

AMEN SISTA!!!!

Every once in a while, I feel the need to do something CRAZY and not give a rat's bottom what anyone thinks of me. As you stated, I am so tired of being afraid!

What are you going to do first? :-)

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fear is the opposite of love. It is the basis for all heartache, anger and sadness in the world. A world without fear would be a place to grow old, live fully and love completely.
k
Kudos to the kid for sangin'

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Joel said...

I remember the days that I spent singing my heart out for anyone willing to listen. Encourage that boy...my parent's never really encouraged me to sing and told me no one makes it as a singer, but what if they had...I could be belting out tunes for the masses now!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home