Friday, June 24, 2005

A Treasure Trove of Teenage Dorkiness

I cleaned my closet yesterday and the last box I pulled out was full of albums, cassette tapes and a few CDs. Yes, I said albums like the kind purchased at Licorice Pizza or Rhino Records. For those of you that do not know, I am 35 years old which means I was a true child of the 80's. I knew Van Halen when David Lee Roth was the lead singer and Sammy Hagar sang some weird song on MTV about driving 55 (the old freeway speed limit). So what did Daphnewood find in her box of music? Here are some names: Rick Springfield (3 by him- also the first album I ever bought) Men At Work, and INXS which I believe these first three names are all Australian artists. Most of the titles were British though: Thompson Twins (who I saw at the Hollywood Bowl with A Flock of Seagulls), Spandau Ballet (please don't go there), Big Country, Asia, Depeche Mode, Adam Ant (still looking sexy on the cover) Loverboy (wait I think they are Canadian), and The Police Synchronicity which I paid $8.29 according to the sticker on it. That was more than my Night Ranger album which had the whopping price of $6.79. I also had Duran Duran which now makes me think of 2 guys under a tree (thank you very much SPENCER!!!) but mostly my box was full of U2 stuff. I was a huge U2 groupie. I quit buying their stuff around 1992 or so. However, I found War, Boy, Wide Awake in America, October the soundtrack to Heroine (the Edge w/ Sinead O'Connor singing) and the original BandAid single. Sorry, no Madonna or Michael Jackson (even Thriller). I just wasn't into them. But I did have 2 very embarassing titles that I cannot believe were in there: Hall & Oates and Kenny Rogers. Now I know why the box was buried all the way in the back.

3 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

Oh, the shame of kenny rodgers!
almost as bad as my John denver from the 70's. hehehe

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

How funny. I had a lot of the same music as you, except my most prized posession was the Footloose soundtrack. heheh

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Thanks for reminding me of a Q for the QOTD ... Van Halen? David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar.

I listened to most of the same music as you, however, I did NOT purchase, nor save the albums for future embarrassment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home