Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Five Truths and Five Lies part 2

* Read previous post to see statements of truth and lies *

I read over my list and I admit some were not fair but here you go:

1. TRUE- my Daddy likes kids

2. LIE- I personally did not but my friends did. I believe his exact words were "oh I want me some more of that"

3. LIE- unfortunately, this was lie. I really wanted to ditch but my chemistry teacher knew what a U2 freak my friend and I were so she had a watchful eye on me. By the time school let out the "free concert" was over. Dang private schools where everyone knows your business.

4. TRUE- I must be the only person to go on tropical cruises and refuse to snorkel. Spielberg has shaped many of our lives in this fashion. So you all remember that. He may have brought us cute little E.T. but it was only to make up for scaring the crap out of the ENTIRE WORLD first!

5. TRUE- Although my Daddy is now a citizen he hails from Sicily. He is more American than Uncle Sam and does not care who is president as they are ALL better than Mussolini (who he says only screwed up when the fascist leader started hanging around with Hitler~huh?!)

6. LIE- I went to Disneyland one time as a teen and everyone was talking about the day before when Stevie Ray Vaughn (think scary guitarist in Springsteen video Glory Days) had not been allowed to enter because of his appearance. That was the first time I realized Disneyland had a dress code and it has always fascinated me.

7. TRUE- yes, very haughty of me considering I just graduated in May at age 35 and I was 19 when when I gave him this "talk". He and my roommate in college had been childhood friends. Oh Theo, we were both wrong. I was wrong about you needing 'something to fall back on' and you were wrong about Hollywood not having acting roles for black men.

8. LIE- This is a straight out lie. I have always been a cheap date and am slightly allergic to alcohol. I get blotchy from one drink. My skin looks like W.C. Fields nose but all over.

9. TRUE- B9, G57, etc. The tips were awesome and it allowed me to work part time for full time wages. Also, my kids never had to go to a sitter that way since my husband went to school in the day time. I just quit a little over a year ago.

10. LIE- this was the most unfair question. I did make a bead bracelet but it was for Peter from Hothouse Flowers. And he did wear it on the Arsenio Hall Show. So I'll give it to you either way you guessed.

So now you all know a bit more about me and my strange, crazy and boring life. Oh well, life is good no matter how you look at it, right?

7 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

Great idea - i may use it sometime
thanks for the comment and the prayers - today is another beautiful day - and I have much GOOD work to do. B9 G57!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

cooooool

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger roguemaze said...

Yeah. I got all those. Picked every last oe of them...

hang on...

This isn't the macadamia plantation...

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That is so funny about being a bingo caller! And congrats again on getting her degree!! Isn't it great to work so hard and then finally acheive it? :-)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Kim said...

That is so funny about being a bingo caller! And congrats again on getting her degree!! Isn't it great to work so hard and then finally acheive it? :-)

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ohhhh look at you! How adorable!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Wow, You've done some amazing things!! My favorite is number 7 ~ :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home