Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Back In Town

I am back in Houston. The drive home was terrible yesterday. I usually love my drives but I was just tired and preoccupied with thoughts of moving. I kept feeling like I had all these "things" to do and I just wasn't getting back to Houston fast enough. Anyway, the trip went fine. Our place is really nice. My husband managed well at picking it out this time. At one point this weekend my husband and I were outside and it was getting dark. All of a sudden I realize there are tons of fire flies around us. We got all excited and started catching some to bring to our son back at the hotel who was missing them. We must have looked pretty strange to the locals there. A couple of city folks running around catching lightning bugs and shoving them in an empty bottle of Snapple then ooooh-ing and aaaaah-ing at the green glow.

I have a new part on my side bar for quotes. I will try to change it daily but it will probably end up being bi-weekly instead. I suck at updating.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kim said...

LOL at the fireflies! My daughter used to call us into her bedroom every night last summer, to look out the window at all the wishes. :-)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I adore fireflies! My goddaughters were catching them in our yard this last weekend and they forgot to poke a hole in the top of the can... poor flies. :-(

Wasn't it GREAT to see hubby?

:-)

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love light-ning bugs. I remember them from being a kid in Kentucky. Iced tea on the porch and comfy warm evenings with fireflies blinking their hellos hither and thither.
k
oh...Congrats on the new digs babe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home