Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bragging Rights

I just have to brag about my musical genius aka my son. His orchestra teacher told me that my son can tune his instrument by ear. His said on the very first day of class my son said "hey Mr. M my G string is out of tune" and sure enough it was just slightly so. Then the teacher had a violin he played a note on for the class to copy and he said "okay that was a B note" (I am not sure this was the note he said as music is a foreign language to me) and my son started laughing and said "no it isn't Mr. M it is a D note" (again I am not sure what letters went where). So the teacher was intrigued and went to the electronic tuning machine and sure enough my son was right. The violin he was playing was out of tune. I just had to brag about my musically talented son who is practically deaf in one ear. whoohoo!

4 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Yeah, that is Really Impressive, Daphne!! :D

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

That is really awesome!
I can tell you are very proud and rightly so..you go boy!! :)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Your son is AWESOME! Rock on, little fella!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I KNOW how difficult it is to tune by ear, my sister and I are actually a couple of the few ppl I know that can do it, and that was after quite a few years of lessons. Way to go to your son. He must have been blessed with at least one really fantastic ear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home