Saturday, August 13, 2005

My Digusting, Verbally Graphic Medical Post

I have been away from blogging for a couple of days. This hasn't been by choice. I got an ouch-ie. I am not diabetic but prone to developing boils and skin infections that get out of control. This week I got a boil on my inner thigh that was HUGE. I could barely walk or sit. Finally when I found myself in bed the entire afternoon I confessed to my husband what was the problem. Husbands are curious creatures. Some are handy with automobiles, some can fix appliances but mine just happens to be expertly trained in surgery. He knows I am a wimp. So my dear sweet hubby took a look at my nasty disgusting swollen red thigh and shot it full of lidocaine (I cannot spell medical terms so these may be incorrect). I cried at first. Then my sweet dear husband took a scalpal and cut my leg to bits. Apparently I had let it go a little longer than I should have. He had to cut my leg, drain all nasty pus filled pockets then pack my leg with medicated gauze. So here I sit at the computer, practically pain free but with gauze gaping from a hole in my leg. I walked down the stairs, I cooked dinner, and I sat in the hard wooden chairs at the diningroom table. I will be taking darvocet shortly so I sense a great night's sleep is coming my way. I just sort of laughed to myself because God is so amazing by giving us what we need in life. I do not care for doctors or hospitals. I would have let my leg rot off before going. Instead, God gave me a husband who can take care of these little emergencies which reduced my stress tenfold. I trust Mr. Daphnewood, not just any old white coat wearing surgeon. Thank you God for blessing me in this way. And thanks to my husband who I owe, BIGTIME!

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just glad you're not sitting at the computer legless. Goodness honey. Let Mr. Doctor look at it sooner next time. We can't have you need to get a skateboard to get around on.
k

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger wwww said...

About your comment in Sun’s blog, I have to agree with your hubby.

Cows, goats and chickens are not pets. Someday we will have to eat them. It feels bad if we pampered them a lot but then we have to kill them someday, the feeling is just sucks.

Anyway baby goats and chickens are cute. Baby cows.. uhm NO!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yikes! Glad you're feeling better though. Mr. Daphnewood must be some kind of wonderful for you to let him "cut your leg to bits".

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Wow, Mr. Daphnewood sounds like quite a guy. I hope you are all mended and well very soon!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

wow, what's that like!?! is he all "professional" when he's doctoring you, or does he remember your his wife and sympathize with your paint? Inquiring minds wanna know

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Yes, Mr. Daphnewood does sound sweet :) I'm glad he was able to take care of you!! And glad to see you back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home