Sunday, August 14, 2005

Faith, Banana Bread and Chocolate Cake

It's Sunday and I did not go to church. I stopped going to church services when I moved to Texas nearly 8 years ago because of personal reasons despite a burning faith in Jesus. Please never think that my decisions in life are not weighted by my faith. It is an important aspect to my personality. I am not really a Holy-Roller. I am not saying those are bad just that it's not me. I prefer to sit on the outside and hang with the riff-raff. God's Kingdom is diverse enough for all sorts of people. I am thinking about starting back up though. ANYWHO, because I was able to move around I made banana bread and chocolate cake for the week. The kids start school and I am so happy about that and scared at the same time. Everyone send good vibes to them and especially to the autistic one. They seemed to want to put him in a lot of special ed classes which I fought. It would be a step backward. He intellectually is fine and superior in some areas so why put him in special ed? He just needs help remembering to not blurt out answers and such. Or quit rocking back and forth when nervous. So the banana bread was for him. It is his favorite. The chocolate cake was for me. It was my favorite. But I'll share.

I wanted to say I added a couple new links to my blogroll. One is Sangrocito's World who is a fantastic author with moving stories and memories from his life. The other is Boozie who I have read from Day One but only recently got brave enough to start leaving comments on her blog. She is one hilarious kid and so dang smart I can barely keep up with her. I didn't ask either of these bloggers if I could link them so click quickly in case they make me take them down! Have a fantastic week everyone.

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Good luck with back to school!

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! Thanks! Mostly thanks for calling me a kid :) And, also, thanks for finally commenting!

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

I've been baking too! I have these old Italian neighbours who noticed my pumpkins growing and offered me up the recipe for Fiori di Zucca Fritti which in english means pumpkin flowers. It was a lot like a donut, very tasty, though I sent her samples to see if I made it right, she didn't come over as promised...so hopefully, I didn't kill her with my baking, but we think it was good.

Can I have some banana bread? only thing better than banana bread is CHOCOLATE banana bread...mmmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home