Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dieting and Work

I have started back on my diet. It's not really a diet and nutritionsts are ALWAYS appalled when I tell them my secret but dammit, it works. It works for me anyway. And for Mr. Daphnewood who has lost 80lbs and kept it off. It is just next to impossible to stay on it though. But we'll see. I need to shrink my physique in a major way. But all that is depressing talk. Just know it is going well and I feel healthier already.

I could not blog or read any blogs at all yesterday. I was so busy with work. I need to get a full 40 hours in and my kids do not make it easy. I complained about my schedule already to Rowan but I want to complain some more this morning. I have 3 children who go to 3 different schools. They start school at 7:40, 8:10 and 8:45. That takes up my entire morning from 6 am until 9 am. Then in the afternoon they get out at 2:40, 3:10 and 3:45. Another hour and a half shot. The one that starts late will soon be riding the bus but until then I just wanted to whine. Thanks for listening.

Blessing of the Day: Lower electricity bills and good friends

7 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

oh yes, being a mom can certainly be messy! I hate the amount of time it takes me and I only have the 2!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

LOL I cannot believe I didn't mention it. I eat every other day. That's it. That is the big secret. so I have "eat days" and "non-eat days". Today I am eating.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Cool, keep on it mum.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I am hearin ya sister!! I have no time for anything it seems. You will get there though...moms have special skills ;) it will all work itself out.
good luck with the diet thing....I am also working on losing some. my problem is too much stress and a thyroid problem. i am here with support if youneed it :)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

I know! Getting Mindy to and from school is almost a full time job by itself! Take care!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

daphne: I do the same, sometimes skip 3 or 4 days, and you know, recently there was a study done somehwere or other, that these are the people most sucessful at sustaining their desired weight, works for me!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Ooooo I just have to hear more about this diet!!

Well, about the kids, as long as you make time for yourself in the morning to relax long enough for at least one cup o' coffee or cappuccino or nice herbal tea, just sitting down with a magazine or book, that could make it much bearable... Might help to do it again right before the after-school rush. :)

::hugs::
S.G.T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home