Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Off and Running

The kids are at school! Today started the school year and except for a minor hate of my son's junior high, everything went okay. The high schooler was happy and eager to begin her day. My second grader was a little overwhelmed by a school with stairs but took a fancy to his teacher the minute he met her. He gave us a thumbs up as we left. The 7th grader had to wait in this huge long line that was more disorganized than a mosh pit just to get a schedule that was incorrect. Let's just say it was a very trying time for a person with autism who needs order and rules. Mr. Daphnewood said he was just about to yank our son out of the school if this chaos continued. However, in the end our son was happy and skipping off to class. I guess sometimes we parents make it worse than it needs to be. One thing I did notice was that SEVERAL boys were wearing pink shirts. Is this a new color for boys? Please tell me because I am sooo not the fashion girl.

6 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

Yes, the 80's Miami Vice days seem to be making a come back. I've seen many men both older and younger wearing them. My husband still won't though. I asked ;o)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I have seen pink tees on boys around here that have the saying, "Tough guys wear pink," emblazoned on the front.

Good luck with the school!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

just saying hey cos i haven't posted on here in ages! :)

yep i think pink is meant to be in although i'm not sure many guys can pull it off lol!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

I heard that Pink is the New Orange... (lol) Anywho, glad to hear the kids are off to a running start for the new schoolyear! :D

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I saw a pink shirt today at a clothing store in the men's section. It said, "You can keep on laughing. This is your girlfriend's shirt."

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger fineartist said...

I hope you don't mind me crashing your blog...I teach art at the high school level and for the last couple of years many of my male students have chosen to wear pink. They even made pink art club shirts last year.

My second grader has a pink t-shirt that says, "Tough guys wear pink" he wont wear it to school though, but his older brother wears it frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home