Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bad Dreams

I woke this morning shaking off the remnants of a bad dream. In this dream, I found out that my shy, innocent 14 year old daughter had been dating a 33 year old man for several months. Well there was a discrepancy to his age. She said he was 33 and my husband said he was 26. That's right, my husband knew about this dating scheme. I went ballistic on them and confronted this pedophile. First of he had gray hair which made think he was even OLDER than 33 and he wasn't wearing a shirt. I told him to never go near her again and he said "hey she was all over me! I can't help that if they want me." I told him he could just tell that story to the police and see what they think. He had a beer in his hand, long beard like the old Charles Manson pictures and he tried to swing at me but my huge baby brother was there to stop him. I remember being so mad at my husband. He reasoning for not stopping the relationship: she looked so happy. Okay, the psychologist in me is working overtime and there are sooooo many topics to cover in this dream but honestly, I think today I will not analyze and just shake it off. Afterall, it was just a dream.

And thank you to my net sons Ryan and Mike for my Astros picture. I will post a larger one later for everyone to see the animation part of it. Wasn't it sweet of them to think of me when they are Braves fans?

7 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ugh what a horrible thing to dream! I can't imagine the thought of almost-15-year-old Mindy seeing ANYONE, let along a man older than ME!

God bless your heart, Daphne!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Eek, what a horrid dream! And, on a happier note, congratulations on the Astros! And, cute new Astros profile pic!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I hate nightmares. And mine are always gruesome. The best is when I have one while sleeping with Jason. Then I can wake up and say "I had a bad dream" and he'll pull me closer and say "Don't be a-scared."

First therapy session is Thursday morning. Keep some fingers crossed!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Awh mum. You're gettin' nervouse or something, could also be something you ate like Dave suggested. Congrats on the Atros and nice pic. ^_^

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

OMG, what an absolute horrible dream!
I will be back in a little bit to let you know the dream I had not very long ago....it is still bothering me :(

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Jayleigh, I know you know exactly what I feel. You are there youself! What we moms have to do sometimes....

Dave, I so wanted to slap my hubby but he was lucky he was at the hospital. He just laughed when I told him the dream because he is such the shotgun type of dad.

Kim, Ryan and Mike sent that picture to me. I liked it too so I just HAD to use it.

Leslie, good luck with the therapy! Be sure to update us on your blog. I'll be there to check it out.

Solin, I am worrying about you and Mouse. Do you realize that in just a few months you will be 15? Technically that is old enough to have a baby yourself. I feel more nightmares are to come. luv ya

Daisy, I bet you have some of your own nightmares too. I will have the boys perspective son enough as mine get older. Right now, most nightmares about them are them getting lost or dying or something like that.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

wow, that IS a nightmare! I hope I never dream things like that, but it might be the beginning since I dreamt the first dream I've ever had about my daughter since she was a baby, and she was being attacked by a man wishing to rape her...so, yeah, maybe we're just paranoid us moms of daughters....oh, S. turns 10 in 2 weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home