Sunday, October 02, 2005

Therapy, Astros and Husbands

I have always been a big advocate for therapy/counseling. I think it is important to be healthy in mind for a healthy body. I encourage anyone who is toying with the idea and I have always taken that stance. But for myself, I have never felt the need for therapy. I do not consider myself better off mentally than the rest of the world. I just have had an extensive network of family and friends to vent whenever I feel I little off balance. But what happens when it is your family that is making you feel bad? What happens when your sounding board is the reason for your angst? I guess you blog. I am lucky I still have my hubby to cry to and such but sometimes you just want some advice. Someone who maybe has been through what you are currently going through. I still don't think I need therapy. Just some courage to speak my mind for a change.

On a much happier note, the Astros won today. As usual they made me sweat it out to the last minute. If they would have lost today then they would have had to play a single tiebreaker game just to see if the get into the playoffs! But they won and their spot is assured. Bring it on, Atlanta Braves. You're just a speed bump in the road.

Also, I have to tell the world of my wonderful husband. Sometimes I get all feminist on him thinking that husbands NEVER know their wives as well as wives know husbands. I think that he isn't in touch with my true feelings. Well, when I am wrong, I will admit it. And I was full on wrong. I was very upset and I like to keep things inside but he knew EXACTLY what I was feeling and comforted me. EXACTLY like I needed to be. EXACTLY addressing the fears I was going through. He is so awesome. So my blessing for the day: husbands who truly care and know what is wrong without you uttering a single word

3 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

what kind of advise do you need Daphne?

you r lucky to have a husband like that.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Mum, on the subject of needing someone to talk to - I know full well about that one. ^^ And I haven't known a time, when I was there that you didn't speak your mind with no fear. I love ya mum, it's good Astro's won like you wanted and I knew dad had a heart! ^^ He's there to joke with when you're happy, to be there when you cry, to sort with you your problems, and to keep you smiling. Little Solin knows some things. ^^ Keep strong mum, and tell the family Solin loves them all. ^_^

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

God is awesome, blessing us with wonderful hubbies.

**hugs**

I'll reply to your email now. Hehe. It got lost in my cluttered inbox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home