Friday, January 06, 2006

My Shoulder

I don't like to whine and moan about physical pains. When I was in high school my teacher told the class that if anyone wanted to know what kind of person they would be when they were old, just look at their personality now. So if you moan about aches and pains when you are young then that is what kind of old person you'll be too. I know it doesn't make sense but I just don't want to be one of those old ladies rocking in her rocking-chair, carrying on about her bunions and past surgeries. That being said, my shoulder has been killing me lately. It has been hurting for months but recently it is interfering with life. I cannot lift things (even pots to cook with!) and reach very far outward. Last night, I was massaging my shoulder because it hurt but then sort of hugged both my shoulders to get warm. That is when I noticed it. One shoulder feels different than the other. My doctor husband said my shoulder is swollen and has put me on a regimen of anti-inflammatory pills (motrin). I hate pills (even motrin). What I hate even more is that I am expected to go to a doctor to get it checked out. I really really really don't like going to a doctor but when pain starts interfering with my daily life, I guess I have to give in. It is just so hard for me to pick up that phone and make the darn appointment. Why is that?

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

O.K., my first though was, of course it's hard to pick up that phone...your shoulder hurts! But of course that's the kind of smart-aleck remark that someone as nice as me would never make. ;-)

But really, I totally relate...I never, ever, ever go to the doctor, even when I'm sick. It sounds like you have a nice husband who will make sure that you see someone if you really need to, though.

Get well soon!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Is it swollen on the same side that you sleep at night?

Mine is, and with a couple of appointments with a great massage therapist, it feels TONS better.

Just my humble opinion... not that your hubby knows anything about the body or anything. ;-)

 
At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! texas rangers jackets patent get food idea manufactured The hora romanian dance hospital management training course Cheap great deals discount cruises nexium review marijuana hair loss Long term care insurance payments in nursing home http://www.ebony-ass-5.info/Black-pussy-hardcore-ebony-photos-2c-videos.html Turkey hunting milfs Do slimming pills affect the effectiveness of contraceptive Training in reservoir management training for executive State of connecticut lottery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home