Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I have not been blogging or even been able to read blogs. I am completely overwhelmed at the moment. I am not terribly upset by this because sometimes life just gets busy. No biggie. It is what makes life interesting. My only regret is I am missing this blog and my blogger buddies. Once you type out your feelings on a daily basis for a consistent amount of time, you begin to depend on that release. So here is the brief run down of my life at the moment:
  • Little Man broke his arm and permanent cast goes on tomorrow morning at 8:45am
  • Mom and brother are leaving sunday for one whole month to CA. They wanted to take a train. I had to find Union Station (it was actually easy) to buy their tickets.
  • I am an official employee now (no more 1099s, I now get W-2's) so I had to fill out a mountain of paperwork. Benefits include a name badge that gets me through locked doors, retirement package, sick days/vacation days. The bad part is they take out taxes out of my paycheck now and I had to go to an orientation day b-o-r-i-n-g!
  • It is snowing and I am cold
  • My kids are sick
  • M-boy and Little Man had dueling projectile vomit episodes last night. I am not sure if Little Man just threw up because he saw M-boy doing it or if he has the same stomach flu as M-Boy. Either way I have all three kids home with me today. oh joy!
  • I have been the official driver for my entire family. I have driven Mr. Daphnewood to three fancy dinners (I was not invited) and had to fetch him afterwards. I have driven mom to and fro getting ready for her trip. I have driven to the hospital and schools and pumped gas in 13 degree weather. That really sucked.

And now what am I doing? I am off to take the car to get new brakes and fix the headlight. Then drive Mr. Daphnewood to a hospital on the Missouri side. I know you are so jealous (NOT). I hope everyone is good and will check up on you all soon.

5 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Oh, my, you do sound busy! So tell me (when you have time, of course)...how long does is the train ride from Kansas to Calif? And, congrats on the new job status!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

glad to know that you're ok, hope your kids get better soon!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I am jealous! Because I stayed at home very ill today. I'd so rather be feeling well and doing errands.

OK YOU WERE NOT INVITED?!?!? How crummy is that? Not that you exactly WANTED to go necessarily, but HELLO, POLITENESS! Manners! Sheesh.

OK that's all. I'm going to lay down now.

:-)

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Mr. Daphnewood get a DUI or something?

Just askin'... :)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home