Friday, December 16, 2005

Flashback Friday: Having Some Fun

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I used to ride my bike everywhere when I was a kid. I would ride for miles and miles, cross some major streets and back again. I was truly free. This is me teaching my "little" brother (he is now 6'2" and around 300 lbs) how to ride a bike. When he was 8 he was hit by a car when riding and amazingly, it was the driver's fault. Nine months later when he finally got out of that body cast he was right back on a bike. Freedom is such a motivation. We all need to be able to escape once in a while. Today I am using my car and escaping to watch King Kong. I will sit alone and just immerse myself into a fantasy world with no phones ringing (provided the other patrons turn theirs off) , no Christmas shopping, errands or work.

Blessing for the day: wheels!

3 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Like you I used to love to bike, but then gave it up...until arriving in Denmark, where bicycling is much more accepted (and where the country is so flat!) I totally agree, biking is an amazingly freeing way to travel (well, except when it's really raining!) Do you and/or your brother still bike?

And, I eagerly await hearing your impressions of King Kong. Peter Jackson has been one of my favorite directors for a long time (LotR, but also early classics like Braindead and Meet the Feebles). But, isn't it 3 hours long?!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

aww net mom thanx 4 letting me remember my red bike. the miles i put on it funtimes.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love it! How was the movie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home