Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Strange Occurrence

Yesterday I escaped to the movies again. This time I had no film in mind when I headed out the door and decided to let time guide which movie I would see. I was feeling particularly moody and wanted to be alone. I really felt like King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia and Brokeback Moutain would be crowded as those are the 3 movies everyone is talking about. I chose to watch Pride & Prejudice. Yes, Daphnewood is a romantic and a true sucker for period pieces. I walked into the theater 30 minutes early. 30 minutes early! That is a long wait. But when I walked in there were 4 people already there. They were four elderly women to be exact scattered throughout the theater. The odd thing was that Offspring (a pretty wild punk-ish band) was blaring overhead. I sat down in an end seat pretty high up and waited. As I waited more and more people came into this large theater. It was the first showing of the day on a friday afternoon and the movie was getting full. I didn't understand it. More and more women piled in and one lone young man. Then a few couples came in. Someone actually asked if the seat I had my popcorn and napkins set on was taken. Hasn't this movie been out for a while? Why was it so crowded? I thoroughly enjoyed the film but you have to like those kind of romantic/non-sexual films like I do. At first I was put out by the crowd but then my irritation turned to amusement. Why this film? Why today at the 1 o'clock showing? Maybe I was in the twilight zone.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Maybe just so you had something to blog about? heheh

I like those kinds of movies, but only if I'm alone... if Mindy or Rob is with me, they would do nothing but complain and I'd rather watch something horribly stupid than head their complaints!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home