Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Venting, Venting and More Venting

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are expecting a baby. Pardon my language, but, who really gives a fuck?! I am so sick to my stomach hearing about Brad Pitt this and Angelina Jolie that. Do you know what bugs me about their "bun in the oven" news story taking up front page space on CNN? They are CHEATERS! The guy cheated on his wife. She slept with a married man. She gives women such a bad name. She is a harlot and a homewrecker and thinks she does the world a favor with her "humanitarian efforts" when she can't manage to show a little humanity to some guys wife by telling the cheating bastard to keep it in his pants and go home. And the world embraces this. Just because they are a hot couple. I think she makes me vomit most of all. Probably because she is like those women who get pregnant on purpose to either steal a man or keep a man or get an 18 year paycheck. Why can't women see that this kind of behavior sets the women movement back 30 years? This does not release him from blame but as a woman, Ms. Jolie (who will be dropped in a few years for another pretty face - I dare you to bet me) is setting a poor example for young women today. I will tell my daughter to stay away from married men. No good comes from being 'the other woman' even if you manage to steal the man away. They left a wife before and will do it again. AND the news websites have this tidbit of joyous news on the front page. Never mind that we still have soldiers in Iraq. Never mind that hearings for a new Supreme Court Justice are taking place. Never mind that New Orleans is trying to rebuild after being wiped out by a hurricane this summer while every other state in the nation has taken on the financial burden. And never mind about 12 West Virginian families who had to bury their father/son/brother/friend this weekend while one struggles for his life yet. Oh no, the US needs to be informed that Angelina Jolie is expecting a child with Brad Pitt. The priorities of this nation suck.

vent is officially over.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

And a righteous vent it was, too. Sadly however, as I hadn't heard this news before, I'll probably go to the CNN website after this and read all about it. And then I'll see it all over the Danish tabloids as well.

I think I read somewhere that this type of celebrity fascination is because we don't have the same type of tight-knit small communties that we had in the past. So, then we'd all be gossiping about the butcher or the vicar. Now, the people we all know enough to gossip about are actors and such. It sounds a bit over-simplified to me, but there might be a grain of truth there somewhere.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Hey, Daph...nice profile pic! I especially like the shine of the glasses frames.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

lol you crack me up Kim! It is a temporary pic. My daughter has made an anime portrait of me that I am going to substitute. It is a young, skinny big-eyed version of me :D

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Darlin Daphnewood. I don't remember a time when reading your blog when I have actually cheered you on, and said "Right on, GIRL!!!" as many times as I did during this vent.

Seriously. I agree with every single thing you said here. And especially the fact that her "humanitarian efforts" when she couldn't act like a decent human being to another woman.

She makes me sick.

You, my friend, ROCK!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home