Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Knowing Thy Spouse

Sometimes it is so amazing to me how connected Mr. Daphnewood and I are. He wasn't home last night because he was on call at the hospital. This happens 8-10 times a month so it is no big deal (usually). He has bad nights and good nights and nights that are in between. However last night, I could not sleep. I kept thinking about him and worrying. I felt like he MUST be having a terrible night at the hospital. He cares so much for his patients. Finally after tossing and turning so long I had the sense knocked into me and prayed. I prayed that Mr. Daphnewood was okay and that Mr. Daphnewood's patients were surviving if it was God's will. After I prayed I noticed it was 3:30 am. Mr. Daphnewood just called me a little after 6am and told me he had a terrible night and would have to stick around the hospital to sign some death certificates this morning. My heart broke for him because I know he had to deliver that news to family members. I told him, "I prayed last night because I was worried for you." He said he wanted to call but wouldn't have been able to until a little after 3am (around the time I prayed). I told Mr. Daphnewood that it was okay he didn't call because I felt like we had talked already. God had given me an update.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

God is so amazing. Mr. Daphnewood and you are so sweet together. **hugs**

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger janet said...

very cool!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

Praise God that you two can lean on each other like you do. That's what marriage is all about, I hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home