Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Things On My Mind That Bother Me

Today I have many worldly issues that are bothering me. I cannot really concentrate on my project for work. Perhaps writing the troublesome thoughts down on this blog will help me get over it and move on.

  • Who will take of the child left behind now that Christopher Reeve and his wife have died? That is something I worry about for my children too if something should ever happen to my husband and me. Yes, I have loving family that would gladly take them in but it still would not be us raising them.

  • Why did Sports Illustrated pick on Barry Bonds that way? I think to bring out his doping past is serving one purpose only: to discredit Barry Bonds. If Bonds wants to put his life at risk by using harmful substances, it is his concern. Until baseball has an official ban on performance enhancing drugs (physician prescribed drugs are allowed- think of Dr. Nick in the Simpsons) then Sports Illustrated needs to shut up and not bring up PAST grievances. This is nothing more than agenda setting media. You know, put out stories of how bad and rampant the problem is so policy will be made banning steroids. I think they should be banned but they are singling out this athlete.

  • What are those IDIOT protesters thinking of going to soldiers' funerals? Haven't the families suffered enough? The sign that says "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" is the worst. How could anyone be so HATEFUL? These men and women died serving their country, protecting the right to free speech for assholes like this. It makes me wonder if it is worth it at all. Those poor family members. I am grateful for the Rolling Thunder aka Patriot Guard Riders who attend these services to drown out the hateful cries of such ignorant people. This story really bothers me a lot. Pray for me because I feel myself on a threshold of turning away from the church for good. I love Jesus and don't want to be separated from Him but I cannot surround myself with individuals like this.

6 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I am hearing you Daph....I feel very much the same way you do.
I do not know how to respond, but am wishing you calming soothing thoughts. Things will be okay, know that we love you and vent away sister....it always helps

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

good post mom!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Al said...

Illigitmi non carborundum! That's latin for "Don't let the bastards grind you down" or some such.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger tara said...

Here's hoping these things do not bring you down. I can't pray because I don't believe in god, but I will say this.. Do not get angry at things that your anger will not solve.
Much love, xoxo
Tara

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Barry Bonds need to just go away and if he breaks Aarons record it shouldnt count.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

**great big hugs**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home