Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Visions From The Dead

A few years ago (more like 8) my aunt nearly died. Actually she did die, twice. Her first time was when they discovered her GBM, a grade 4 brain tumor. She was on the table and died but they managed to bring her back for one more year. When she came out of the surgery and short coma afterward she was full of stories and visions of being dead. My aunt was happy and at peace. She said she saw her mother and Jesus. My aunt was NOT a religious person but yet she still saw Jesus which made me wonder. She told us she was taken around heaven and was told it wasn't yet time for her but soon. Little did we know that "soon" meant 10 months later.

Anyway, I spoke to her on the phone when she woke up and she told me that she loved me very much and saw my life. She said she knew everything would be okay for me and my kids. She said my husband would finish medical school and we would be married for a very long time and be very happy. Sometimes when I am feeling blue and wondering if Mr. Daphnewood's residency will ever be over I think of this vision from my aunt. I hold dear to it. I know some people don't believe in near death experiences. They try to explain it away saying it is firing neurons in the brain. I am not so sure. All I know is that my aunt died on that table and came back. She said she saw her mother and Jesus and heaven. She was peaceful and not afraid of death. She actually seemed to welcome it. To have such knowledge would be great, wouldn't it?

9 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Al said...

It would be sooooo good to have that certainty. My dad was a long term dialysis patient, and when he decided it wasn't worth all the pain and discomfort, he checked himself into the hospital and refused treatment. He was so certain of where he was going and what he was doing that he never hesitated. Now, THAT'S faith.

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe, Daphne. Science always tries to explain whatever the issue is away, but I just dont believe they can back up everything like that with "science." It was good what your aunt told you; and it is comforting to me to have you relay this.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Great post! How wonderful that she was so at peace with death and neater still, how awesome it was that her mother was waiting in heaven for her.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Ah Daphne. Do hold dear to that vision. What wonderful gift for her to have given you. **hugs**

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

i agree with ever 1 else net mom hold dear to the vision.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Hello-stopped in to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Spencer, I know what happened to my aunt was real. I think an afterlife really scares some people.

Al, I lost a cousin to diabetes. He was 31 and waiting for a kidney. He was also certain to where he was going. I have so much admiration for people with that kind of faith.

Vickie, I have to admit, I am much less afraid of dying now. I never have been "afraid" like most but after my aunt had this experience it was just like confirmation for me. Now, will I make it to heaven? well.....I'm trying!

Etchen, she said that she was shocked that it was her mother because she was always closer to her father. It really seemed to surprise her that it was Grandma (her mom) instead of Grandpa waiting for her. I think it made it that much more real for her.

and thanks for saying happy mother's day! I hope you had a great day.

Jayleigh, you know it girl! I hold on to it more and more these days. We are still in debt but residency is almost over and whenever I get mad at the hubby I know I better get over it pretty quick. Afterall, I am supposed to be married to him forever so why be mad all that time? he he he.

Ryan, thanks honey. I hope you treated your mom extra special this weekend!

Sangroncito, M-Boy is terrified of death. He always asks if his soul will leave his body when he gets put sleep during his surgeries. I pray all the time that somehow he will not be afraid anymore. I wonder if it is something that only comes with age.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

i died when I was 7.
I described what I saw to my mother years later as an adult.
I am not particularly into theology, but what I saw matches what a lot of people have seen.
I saw a tunnel that was very dark, where the walls were made entirely out of people, and i was being drawn to a bright bright light but it didn't hurt my eyes as if I was being drawn magnetically to it, because I surely wasn't walking. The oddest thing in spite of the imposing scariness you'd think this would invoke, I was not afraid and was instead rather at peace and calm about 2/3rds of the way, one of the bodies in the tunnel came into view and held my hand and told me it wasn't time yet, that I should tell my mom that she would get to be with him, but not for a very long time after her girls had babies of their own. He led me back to consciousness. Immediately after (within 20 mins) my fever broke.

When I woke I told my mom about it and she said based on my descriptions...it was my mothers father who died before I was born. SHe cried happy tears and gave me one of her looks that said I had her gifts for the supernatural. She showed me a picture of him and I told her that's exactly how he looked at the sort of clothes he was wearing.

I didn't hear jesus, but I did sense that god was the light or in the light.

It has always stayed with me and given me the absolute belief that there is a nicer place for us where we're at peace. So, yes, I believe in near death experiences.

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home