Sunday, June 18, 2006

Feeling Down and Angry (The Rant)

The Astros lost two out of three games to the Kansas City Royals. I know the Royals have to win some of the time, but why now? Now I will have to listen to Dayn Perry bag on the 'Stros some more. It's not like he ever says anything nice about them anyway but we sure gave him fuel for this week's power rankings. Mr. Daphnewood has been working (X) hours a week. Although "officially" his time sheet says 80 hours it never includes travel, b.s.-ing and the five million pages that go off in the middle of the night. There was a graduation party for the chief resident that also kept him away from home. So basically, I have seen him for about 35 minutes total this week.

Both Mr. Daphnewood and I got paid last friday. The money is all gone to pay the bills with some still waiting. I also got the fee schedule for my daughter's school in the mail which really burns my butt every time I think about it. PAYING FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL IS WRONG!!!! Republicans and Democrats can all kiss my butt today when I think about forking out $200 so my daughter can just walk through the door of the high school. All politicians are money grubbing bastards. I am in such a foul mood. Sorry. I might as well get the rant fully out of my system, eh?

I bought steaks for father's day. They were on sale for $8.99 lb. What a deal (not)! If the workers at Wal-Mart (where I bought the steaks) wanted to buy some they would have had to work 2 full hours to pay for one steak. Some jerk keeps parking over the line in our parking lot out front. Parking is hard enough to find without some vision impaired dork taking up two spaces who doesn't even live here but is shopping at the nursery across the street. Nursery, build a bigger parking lot or do your tree hugging ways prevent such action? Hey neighbor! DO I like the sound of your (c)rap music and the smell of your ganja coming through the walls of my home? No , I do not so turn down the volume and quit smoking the weed. It kills your brain cells and you really don't have too many of those to spare. And finally, movie critics, get a life. Who really gives a rip if you think Keanu Reeves can't act?! I am sick and tired of people bashing him. He is hot and even if he never uttered a single word I would stare wide-eyed at one of his movies. He's hot, you're not, so get over it.

God I feel better.

8 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

HAHAHAHAHA

Amen, Daph. AMEN!!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

As I always say at times like these, 'No, don't hold it all in...tell us how you really feel'. ;-)

It's good to vent, isn't it? I'm glad it helped, too! :-)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

the braves r so far back i dont think they will catch up. we need some help with pitching i just dont know where there gonna get it from.

feel good 2 vent dont u agree mom!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my dear-I hope you feel better. A good rant often helps! Can you believe that about the Royals?! Big losers that they are this year and they beat the Astros. I swear I thought of you as I was thinking "I don't beieve it." I'm with you on all the lying politicos. They really care about no one but themselves. Hope this week will be good to you!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Amen sister! I fully agree with all of it...esp the not paying for public school adn the Keanu being a hottie. I can't wait to see his new flick!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

**hugs**

:-)

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you share soem msuic with tehm too? Maybe your tastes will rub off!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Leslie, I second that amen :)

Kim, thanks for the encouragement ;) I have tried posting a response to your interview post three times. I think I will send you an email instead. That was such a cool post.

Ryan, The Astros last year were 15 games below .500 last year and they came back to win the NL pennant. Have faith. I think the Mets are ready to fall. Plus, as an Astros fan, I must say something horrible about Beltran. It is getting be to the custom around Houston :D


Vickie! How are you? I am so glad to hear from you. I was actually glad for the Royals. They get picked on so bad. Maybe this will give them some confidence and more wins will follow. I only hate losing to jerk teams. The Royals are decent folks.

Etchen, I think you are a kindred spirit indeed. I saw the movie and I don't remember much except Keanu wearing blue jeans. He passed the blue jean test.

Jayleigh, *hugs* right back at you!

Nettie, my mom once blasted Christian music through the walls but it didn't work. But I was singing David Crowder Band music all week because of it so I guess it wasn't a total waste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home