Monday, June 12, 2006

Nice People

I met some nice people this weekend. First I met a little lady who was widowed a few years ago. She told me stories of her husband who died from complications from agent orange. Basically he got a rare cancer from serving his country all those years ago. She was such a strong woman and a real inspiration. I loved talking with her and it has been so long since I took time to speak with a new person at such lengths. The next person was man from Trinidad. This guy was so happy about his team drawing a tie from Sweden in the World Cup. He was so cute and bubbly but tall. He talked about how he moved away from California because it is too expensive (I hear ya!) and when he finally retires he will go back to Trinidad. His words of wisdom "I don't care where you come from, there is no place like home". I think that is true to some degree. It was just really a pleasure to meet such nice people from different backgrounds. It gives me hope about humanity.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

daphne: that's the #1 thing I miss about taking a regular bus route everyday. You meet a lot of great folks, some colourful, some notsogreat, but you meet people and it's interesting and nice.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I once met a blind and deaf lady on the bus. I communicated with her by signing in her palms. It was the coolest thing ever.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I met a new person today too. I love it when people come to our little town on vacation and ask me the best restaurant, closest grocery store, etc... and then want to know little tidbits about the area. They tell me their stories and I love it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home