Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Seven Is Heaven

I am finishing up my seven straight happy posts with a tag from SunGrooveTheory aka Sunny (to me anyway because she just radiates sunshine!) So here goes:

I SAID: I would lose weight this year. I am happy to say, while no signifacant poundage has left my massive frame, at least I have not gained!

I WANT: to keep Solin forever. Alas, she is not mine and belongs to her uncle but I am happy he shares her so generously.

I WISH: Mr. Daphnewood was done with his residency. Did you know it takes 7 years out of med school to be a neurosurgeon? 7 years! and that is after 4 years of med school and 4 years of undergraduate school.

I HATE: my lips. They are thin and colorless. Not kissable at all.

I MISS: Jeff Bagwell playing first base for the Astros.

I HEAR: Little Man snoring in my bed, a fan blowing and Rocket Man by Elton John playing through my computer.

I WONDER: where will we end up living when Mr. Daphnewood is all done? I kind of like the midwest with all the seasons. I have never had that before since I was raised in Southern California.

I REGRET: not visiting my father more. He lives in San Diego and it is hard to get out there.

I AM NOT: a very good bookkeeper. Balance a checkbook; what's that?!

I DANCE: only when no one is looking. Rhythmically challenged is what they call me.

I SING: only if I know the words.

I CRY: way too much! sappy commercials can even make me cry. ughh!

I AM NOT ALWAYS: patient but I do try. I am more patient with those that I love than strangers. Meaning, poor customer service often sets me off and WalMart hates to see me walk through their door.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: delicious baked goods. Although I am not as good at cooking nor as exoctic as my father can cook, my kids still come running to eat.

I WRITE: no poetry anymore but I am writing a bit about my experiences as a mother and wife in an MSWORD file. It's a start of a book of sorts I guess.

I CONFUSE: the days of the week. Like I thought yesterday was wednesday! I hate when I do that but it happens every week at least once.

I NEED: a little space. It is easy for me to feel smothered but my family is great about understanding my quirks.

I SHOULD: take the kids swimming and to the library more. Their brains and bodies might atrophy over the summer.

I START: cleaning up the house but get sidetracked

I FINISH: my fries. everytime. thus the reason for no weight loss.

So that ends the seven happy posts. I am trying hard to keep my mind open and free of negative thoughts. Yesterday I slipped a little by throwing out some choice words while on the freeway but I was provoked. Happy day everyone!




6 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Happy Day to you, sweet friend. Thanks for sharing. You are a dear person and I pray for you and your family that wherever you end up, it's very happy indeed!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Al said...

One of Mrs A. and my resolutions was to quit making certain digital gestures when someone does something incredibly stupid right in front of us on the freeway. Results are mixed.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

this was cool net mom!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I hear ya on the finishing all my fries thing.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

oh and isn't solin your daughter? I'm confused about the whole ownership with uncle thing... :S

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Spencer, I think when it starts snowing here this winter that will be the PERFECT time for our hot tub date!

Jay, thanks for always being "there" for me. You are an inspiration.

Al, the worst part is that I said it in front of my mother. Thank god she didn't whip out the soap.

Ryan, thanks! Why don't you fill one out too? I would love to see your answers.

Rowan, fries are so tasty. It is hard to say "no". Solin is actually my daughter's best friend. We met her a few years ago and she instantly fit right into our family. Her uncle is now her legal guardian for the past two years (almost) but he trusts us enough to let her stay the summer (something she was doing when she was living with her mom).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home