Thursday, June 08, 2006

Summer Snow Storms and Daphnewood Tells a Lie

Did you know it snows in Kansas City during the summer? Okay, technically it isn't summer yet but I always count June as summer. And technically it isn't snow that is falling. It is cottonwood. There are cottonwood trees EVERYWHERE in this city. Whenever you go outside you can see these white puffs floating around you. At first I thought they were dandelions escaping from their puff stems but I was corrected by a native. It is unreal the amount of cottonwood in the sky.

I told a lie to Mr. Daphnewood. I told him that baseball wasn't sexual. In fact Nettie was the first to bring it to my attention that Andy Pettitte was HOT. I mean, yeah I thought this is a good looking fellow and he pitches like a dream but, hot? Yes, perhaps he is. Then yesterday I was speaking with some Astros fans online and one shared this picture. It is Brad Ausmus, catcher for the Astros. Let's just say that baseball uniforms do these men no justice. I will never be able to look at Brad in the same way again. That is HOT. So, I am sorry Mr. Daphnewood but it was NOT an intentional lie.

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

ok that pic IS hotttttttt

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

So, what you're saying isn't that baseball is sexual, it's just that some of the players are sexy. Doesn't sound like a lie to me, just a fact. At the moment, I'm focused on soccer, though...Costa Rica didn't have a chance against Germany, but they managed to score some goals anyway, making for an exciting game. Which is more than I could say for Poland v. Equador. *yawn*.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

ok so is cottonwood where cotton comes from?

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home