Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Fourth Happy Post

I have so much to be happy about but really not much time to tell you all. First and foremost, the kids are out of school and they look sooooo happy. They aren't fighting with each other. They are being considerate to one another. I know it will not last long but I am basking in their euphoria for now.

Yesterday, I saw a rainbow. It was a big huge fat one and it was so bright. I was thinking I would find myself a leprechaun or two with that beauty.

Roger Clemens is back on the Astros. I don't care if he pitches like the biggest loser in the world. It is like the bible story of the prodigal son. A family member came home. We don't care where he's been or what he has done, just welcome home. Welcome Home Roger!

I ate a mushroom, ham, onion and cheese omelet for breakfast. It just melted in my mouth. It was so good. It started my day off right and it has been a wonderful day.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Houston. I will see Solin and bring her blonde butt up to Kansas for the summer. I will also take in an Astros game since I purchased the tickets and they are on my fridge! Whoohoo!

note to Solin: what kind of sodas do you drink? diet or regular? I always forget.

9 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Love the happy posts!!! Have fun, girlie!

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there--I saw that rainbow, too. I had planned to cook out that night but the rain kinda nixed that. I kept an eye out for the rainbow, tho. Generally after a rain if some sun comes back out we will see a huge one arching across the sky right out the back door. Hope you have a safe trip and a great weekend.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Have fun on your trip! O love the new quotes you put on the side-esp the one from your husband. Too funny.
Hope Little man is feeling back to norm!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Hey, more rainbows...I wonder if it was the same one, and we both saw different ends? No leprechaun here though, that I could see.

Have a great trip to Houston!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

i hope your Astros won

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pots o' gold, too?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I'm pregnant, so I gotta ask. Kids home for the summer=good thing, or bad thing?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Jay, we had a great time. Thanks!

Vickie, we don't have a grill yet. I really want one but don't have room. I love grilling outdoors. yum!

Etchen, the funniest part about that quote is that some Reds fans sat in front of us during the middle of the game. I wanted to slap the boy hard too because he was being so rude and making fun of the Astros. But I promised Mr. Daphnewood no brawls ;)

Kim, no matter how much science is shoved down my throat, rainbows are still magical to me and I ALWAYS think of leprechauns :)

Ryan, they lost but we had a 9th inning rally that had the Reds running scared. It made the whole game worth it!

Nettie, no gold. I did see some weird cereal on the ground. There were pink hearts, blue diamonds, green clovers, purple horseshoes and some yellow moons. Just kidding :)

Sarah, I have to say it is good to sleep in but when you have just one kid they wat you to entertain them. If you have more than one kid then they fight with their sibling/siblings. So I am always happy at first when they get out for the summer but by July I am ready for them to go back.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

ok, since you mentioned it, I just HAD to include this link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home