Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Cell Phone Crisis

My family has one of those family plans with Verizon. We aren't real "phone users". We mostly call each other with our cell phones but that doesn't count towards minutes. Only once did we use over 800 minutes in one month between the 4 lines. It was the month we moved up to KC. So if we are not bigtime phone users, why do I feel so lost without my cell phone? Mr. Daphnewood was helping a nurse roll a patient to a different floor when his cell phone became dislodged from his belt and fell inbetween the cracks of the elevator and plummeted 6 floors down. Bye-bye phone. He was eligible for a free upgrade anyway so I ordered it online ( that way he can keep his same Houston area code and number ) but it hasn't arrived yet. He needs a cell phone at work so he is using mine. Whaaaah!

I feel so primitive having such territorial feelings about my cell phone. Like I decided I wanted to call Leslie but couldn't since he had my phone. I guess I could have used the house phone but that would long distance. I wanted to call my father but couldn't (his number is programmed into my phone). I wanted to call my friend Brinda in Houston. Again, long distance AND her number is in my phone. Why this sudden urge to use the cell phone? Also, my cell phone is my watch. I have the kind with a clock on the face. Yesterday I was at the hospital ALL DAY and didn't have a watch to see just how freakin long the doctor was making me and poor M-Boy wait. Of course the time seemed doubled without having a clock. I sure hope Mr. Daphnewood's new phone arrives today. It was shipped FEDEX on monday. It better be here or some heads are going to roll.

4 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

One thing I was blessed with during our 32 trips to Chicago for Rob's surgeries and such... was that once we hit the door, I never worried for one minute about the time. God is so awesome like that.

But I am lost without my cell phone this week. Rob isn't here (He's at Seminary) and he has mine because of the better reception. I am going to scream.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

depending on where it's coming from, can take up to 10 business days via fedex

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

AH! You were gonna call me and didn't have a cell phone? THAT IS SATAN'S WORK, FOR SURE! Get thee behind us, Satan!!

Btw, I am also on the family plan with Verizon. Now that I'm "old", I pay for my own phone and contribute to the big bill. I JUST bought a new phone online...the LG VX8300. Tempted to go with the Razr, but practicality and functionality always precedes prettiness, no matter how pretty!

You gonna try to call me again? You better!

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You miss it cause you don't have it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home