Thursday, July 06, 2006

Laughter

Sometimes you just need a new perspective. I have been down in the dumps lately. Here a few reasons why: I am feeling really fat. My stomach looks huge but I lack the desire and will to diet. I don't have enough money to do all the fun things that I wanted to do with the kids this summer. My mothering energy is being stifled by it too. My hair has not been cut for an entire year but I have no clue what do with it. Cut it, yes, but how? A certain blogger that I love dearly stopped blogging last week. How could I miss someone so much when I haven't technically met them? I had to get my car tags renewed but the lienholder (Chase Manhattan) was supposed to fax a copy of my title to the state. Guess what? They didn't. So when we called to find out WHY they didn't, they said "well we're sorry but somehow we have LOST your title". Can you see how these minor things can add up and make life seem dreary?

So today I have a new perspective. I just started laughing. Laughing laughing and more laughing. The laughing gave me a totally new perspective. I have almost had a Ziggy life going these past weeks but no more. Here is why: As fat as I am, a good looking man with beautiful blue eyes flirted with me and sent appreciative nods my way this morning. I still got it!

I still don't have enough money but I am able to take the kids to a baseball game on saturday and to the movies on wednesday. Two outings in one week! That is pretty special and we can still have fun doing the free stuff on the other days. Supermom is unleashed!

My hair: I cut my bangs and pulled the rest back with a clip. Hey, it looks like a new hair cut without actually getting it cut while I decide what to do for the long run. At least I can see and people can see my eyes.

Sangroncito has started a new blog. Hooray! I was so happy to read his familiar sentence structure and see his passion come out in his posts. I have to ask if it is okay that I link it first then I will share with everyone but only if he says so.

The DMV renewed my tags for a year without the title. It was called a "courtesy renewal". They gave me an ENTIRE YEAR to fix things with the title. How awesome!

Sometimes, you just need to laugh about life. It is never as you imagine it but it is always a gift. There has to be a bright spot somewhere. Thank you God for giving us laughter.

6 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say running around after the kidlets is exercise enough!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

hopefully I can remember your sage advise and use it myself. glad to see things worked out in the end....what? sangroncito has moved?

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Daph! Kinda like the Tom Hanks movie "The Money Pit" but just different issues. Remember when the bath-tub fell through the floor and it was kinda the last straw and he finally just laughed and laughed? Hey, we all go through that; you're not alone.
I just had inches and inches cut from my hair into a chin-length "bob" style. My older pic still runs with my column in the paper and that's fine for now but soon I'll think about having a new one taken. Get on the Internet and check out hair styles! I hope you are going to have a wonderful weekend. Gonna be pretty warm in our parts but I do so love the weekends!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Al said...

The car thing reminds me of when I went to renew the tags on my horod (a 1929 model A Ford with modern drive train) and the DMV told me they couldn't renew the tabs because it had been destroyed. I had driven it to the DMV so I told the clerk he could come with me out to the parking lot and verify it for himself, bou NNOOOOOOO. I had to take it out to the State Patrol inspection station, and they had to call to the state capitol to retrieve the original of the title from the archives and then fax it up so the State Patrol could verify that they weren't hallucinating.
Don't you just love bureaucracy!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE Supermom. I am so proud of you and I love you to pieces and back together again and I haven't ever met you!!!!

**hugs**

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger James Medhurst said...

I agree. Laughter is good. So is smiling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home