Sunday, June 25, 2006

Getting To Know You

I have a huge family. My father had 4 children before marrying my mother. My mom already had one. Then they had me (4+1+1=6). After that, they divorced. My father married a woman with 8 (6+8=14) children and my mom married a man with 1 child then had one more together (14 + 1+1=16). So including me, that is around 16 siblings. I know them all but am not close with them all because I wasn't raised around them. But I do love each and every one even when I am not liking them (if that makes any sense). One of my brothers has gotten in touch with me recently and he has a knack for warming my heart. He is funny, obnoxious, crazy but totally loveable all in one. He has travelled the U.S. living in various states but is back in California now. He kept making comments about how old he is and I scoffed at those remarks. But later, I started thinking about how much time has passed. It is really sad. No, I still do not think my brother is old, but I have missed a lot in his life. I hope we can really catch up and make this time together be quality time spent. So my dear readers and blogger buddies, please make an effort to touch base with a loved one you haven't spoken with in a while. You just might make their day. If you owe them money, you are exempt from this exercise ;)

3 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Getting touch with a loved one...I suppose I will be doing just that starting next Friday when I'm in Lisbon...I have loved ones there whom I haven't talked to in a few years, and it will be wonderful to see them again, even if just for the month of July. Good idea!

 
At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I have 6 sisters-we all have the same parents-no brothers. Mom had us 7 in the space of 10 years, talk about rug-rats under foot! Man, did we get in a lot of trouble. My poor dad!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Al said...

Seven of us kids and a bazillion cousins. We don't get together often, but it's like we just ended one conversation nd start another when we do. I love having a big family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home