Friday, September 08, 2006

Not Having Much Fun

My teeth are getting worse and worse as I age. It doesn't help that I HATE going to the dentist. Well this week I was forced into such torture because frankly, I was in severe pain. I always wait until the last minute. I had a tooth on the bottom right with an exposed nerve killing me. The filling fell out weeks ago and I just thought I could pretend everything was fine. When I couldn't eat bread and saw an infection oozing out is when I decided to go in. Then on the upper left I had a broken tooth that needed to be pulled. So that meant numbing on bottom left and numbing on top right. It turned me into a drooling fool. Then they found a cavity next to the broken tooth. First the dentist filled the cavity. But when he got to the broken tooth he pulled and poked and cut until he finally threw up his arms. He said "I am so sorry but I cannot pull this tooth. I am embarrassed and feel horrible but I do not want to hurt you. I will call an oral surgeon and send you there. This is just beyond my skill level." At least he was honest. So the drool queen (me) was driven to an oral surgeon by my mother (Moms rule!) There I was given my 50th numbing shot for the day. By this time I had been at the "dentist" for 5 hours. He worked quickly and got the two teeth pulled but today I am MISERABLE. I am sick of the taste of blood. I am not sure what "Lortab" is but I know when I take those pills, things seem pretty happy. Speak of the devil, it's time for some happy pills right now! Have a great weekend everyone.

9 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

Oh god, don't start ME on the topic of teeth with advanced perio, I know all about hating the dentist. He threw up? wow, that's umm....gross. But at least he admitted his incompetance. :)

As for the lortab....has your hubby told ya? I'm googling now. Maybe I want some...

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thanking God that I have really good teeth... and I am obsessive about oral hygeine because I CANNOT STAND the thought of someone in my mouth with tools that could HURT ME!!!!!

Yay for happy pills!

And I am so glad the dentist admitted that he couldn't do the work you needed done.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Oh, my! I don't like going to the dentist either. I can (almost, and in a metaphorical sense) feel your pain!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Rick said...

I skipped the dentistry thing for way too long and now I have to go every three months just to keep the teeth I have. Sucks, but I hear dentures suck worse.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The dentist is no fun; he loves money. When he says 'open wide' to me, I think he is referring to my wallet.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Hope you feel better soon NetMom

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like you regarding not wanting to go to the dentist and waiting too long to go, knowing I should get in there sooner. Hope you did have a "happy" weekend and that you have a problem-free recovery!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I know how you feel and it sucks!

At least you got happy pills. That's the least they could do for you.

Look forward to your next post when you're not hurting so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home