Monday, June 13, 2005

Revenge of the Tattoo

This entry is inspired by Indigo's blog. She talked about kids getting their boyfriend/girlfriend's name tattooed on their body. Not a good idea since most of us wish we could forget those past relationships. Not to mention we don't need a tattoo to remind us how idiotic we acted. So this story is for Indigo. My husband was working the burn unit one time (I cannot disclose the state or city but it wasn't TX or KS). He had a patient come in who had tried to burn his ex-girlfriend after beating the crap out of her. This patient basically wanted her dead and in a very hateful way. Somehow his IQ took over and he ended up burning himself with the gasoline (the ex-girlfriend lived and recovered). He burned himself over most of his body and the ONLY patch of skin they could get a graft from was the place he had a tattoo of her name. So this hateful jerk that could not stand his ex-girlfriend now had her name tattooed all over his body; across his arms, chest and neck. My husband said enjoyed putting that girl's name everywhere on that man. My hubby felt it was great punishment but wished he could have grafted it to his forehead as well.

7 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, a very good form of revenge (and perhaps a little justice?) even if a bit warped and sad.
Spencer and I are going tattoo shopping here in a bit, but we both know better than to get somebody's name on us that will last forever. I have been married for over 15 years and there is still no way I would get his name tattooed on me. Hubby has a heart tattoo with a sword going through it and wrapped in a ribbon---he tells me the same thing...not putting ANYONE's name there! lol I tease him and say sheese, I feel the love there, thanks :) Give you all these kids and you won't give me any bit of honor? hehe I enjoy pestering him that way :D
Have a great day :)

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Glad I could inspire .... and that's a classic story! Hilarious too, and wow, gotta love how revenge comes around and bites you sometimes.

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH....feel the karma. That makes my heart go pitter pat. Why can't these arseholes just leave their girlfriends? You hate them, can't stand them. SO LEAVE YOU IGGIT!!! I'm sure these gals will have much more fulfilling lives without your sorry butts.
k

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

Wow, for real? How does skin grafting work? Is it each layer under the tattoo that is used? Just wondering. I have a tattoo of my daughter's name & I regret it because oftimes people are thinking it's my "girlfriend's" name. Plus, it isn't decorative, it just sorta sits there and the older I get, the less likely it is I'll ever finish it. I really should though, just so it doesn't look QUITE so asinine.

 
At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say 'hi'! And, this is a great story, just goes to show you get what you deserve...

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Wow, that guy got just what he deserved!! Great story!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh that's PERFECT. What a jerk-head, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home