Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I Got Good News (Finally)

I moved to Kansas way back in July. It was 4th of July weekend and I shared some of the mishaps of my move on this blog. Well today I finally got the call from my insurance agent. The boxes that were "lost" were worth a lot of money. He said he valued the items and the broken chairs at $1400 or so. I cannot remember the exact amount. Anyway, the check is in the mail! Of course it will not fully cover the cost of the items that were ruined or missing but I have gotten so used to living without them that this is like a mini windfall. Wednesdays are good for me lately.

blessing of the day: C.S. Lewis and all of his Chronicles of Narnia. I still go there in my mind sometimes.

5 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

My doggy Kodiak looks like the Lion, Aslan. Wayyyy cool.

Also, will you come to my house on Wednesdays? I need some better luck, like a $1400 check in the mail!

:-) Glad for you!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see the movie. It looks incredible. I never read that book as a child but later on came to know the story through the TV specials that would come on after school.
k
Good for you hon, 1400 smackers is a nice little chunka change.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Congratulations about the mini-windfall...it's especially nice when you don't expect it!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

Honey, I'm in Narnia right now! My entryway must be this supply closet here.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Congratulations on the good news! It's good to hear someone else likes to live in the world of Narnia too! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home