Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Birthdays, Friends and My Husband the Movie Star

Friday is my birthday. Honestly, I am not really into it this year and think I will just stay 35. I am only mentioning it now to say we celebrated tonight instead of friday. Mr. Daphnewood will be at the hospital all day friday. It was very pleasant today. I ate some coconut shrimp for dinner and downloaded 2 new songs for my library from iTunes (First Cut is the Deepest by Sheryl Crow and Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World). I am waiting for the children to go to bed so I can watch the movie 40-Year Old Virgin that I also got on DVD. I am going to wait until my mom gets back from CA before I eat cake. She makes me jello cake. I just can't make it as good as she does so why bother. That's it on the topic of birthdays.

This part is about friends. In particular, my blogger friend Michael aka Sangroncito. I just want to say that I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I know Republicans and Christians can be quite mean and big time jerks to the gay community. I just hope you don't see us all that way. Someday ( I know I keep saying that) I will write why I am a registered Republican so you can understand me better but it isn't because of my faith. I really do try to separate the two. And also, I wasn't upset by your blog entry or what other people said. I was really just pulling your leg and fishing for an "I love you" from you. I know I am a scalawag. I will continue to visit Sangroncito's World whether or not I am invited because I am a pushy old woman :P I love you too, Michael.

Now for my movie star husband. He was recruited to be interviewed for some video. They took two doctors from the hospital that were big advocates for organ donation. Mr. Daphnewood is so compassionate to patients and their families. He was told he would be making a commercial and tried to get out of it. However, when he came home he said it was an interview for a training video (not a commercial ) and he got to talk about nothing but organ donations. He was so glad to do his part to get the message out about the importance and impact of the gift of life. I could see the passion flaring in his eyes when he told me about it, about how grief is consoled when families decide to donate the organs of their deceased family member; about how hope is spread and how doctors owe it to the community to try to do everything in their power to shorten the wait for organ transplant. I was so proud. They will be showing his "interview" at an upcoming conference in Los Angeles later this year. I love this man more and more everyday.

8 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Happy Birthday Netmom

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Your Birthday!! ^_^ Happy birthday mum. <33 Love from your family down in the ol' south. ^^ And congrats for Dr. Dad. ^^

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Awwwww!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

And wowwwwwie!!! Movie star hubby!

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger janet said...

hey daphnewood! happy birthday! sounds like we are almost bday twins! i'll be 35 on tuesday.
have a great day!!!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day!\

p.s. I think that is so wonderful about his getting the word out ab. the importance or organ and tissue donation. I volunteer for our local chapter here as an educator and it is just shocking to hear how many people aer not registered donors-I'm glad you guys are promoters of such a great cuase!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Happy belated birthday!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

happy birthday daphne! you are still a young, desirable and beautiful woman, be proud of your age....that said, I'm still scared to death of 3-0...but as long as ya'll are around, i'm sure the transition will be splendid.

congrats to dr. daphnewood....that's great, seems life is really been worth the uphill climb for you guys, wish we'd been able to do similar, but heh, what can you doright? we're here.

I love sangroncito too, isn't he a doll? I havne't visited in a bit, it's been too long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home