Tuesday, January 17, 2006

One Month Away

Next month I am going to Washington D.C. for the first time in my life. Mr. Daphnewood has some medical training he must go to so Little Man and I are tagging along. Ever since Little Man watched the movie National Treasure he has been obsessed with D.C. and its attractions. His number one "must see" in the city: The Declaration of Independence (of course) accompanied with a souvenir copy as well. The second "must see" attraction: The Library of Congress. Little Man is a book fiend. He loves books and since he learned how to read his obsession has grown. I think the entire week is going to be action-packed with him leading the way. I need this month to rest up.

5 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

i been there a few times there is so much 2 c and do you will have a blast take a lot of pics and share them when u get back! much love net mom!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

What fun! I look forward to hearing all about the Library of Congress, as I've always wanted to go there.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Awwwww yeah!! I loved that movie.

It makes me sad though, that when I was in DC in 8th grade, my best friend and I decided to forego seeing the Declaration.

I could kick myself now.

:-)

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've lived 20 miles from DC my entire life and I don't think I've ever seen the Declaration of Independence.

My only advice to you is to eat at places you normally wouldn't. There are about a million fabulous restaurants at your disposal; take advantage while you can.

We're having a very unseasonably warm winter right now, so I hope it lasts for you...snow in DC stinks!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

lil man is a gem, you're lucky to have a child so interested in your heritage as an american, I myself would like to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home