Monday, May 15, 2006

The Post Brought to You By the Letter "C"

First Kimananda did this post. Then she gave Leslie a letter who in turn gave me the letter "C". I know most of my readers have done this but here are the rules. Choose 10 words that start with "your" letter. Write them down and tell what those words mean to you. If anyone wants to do this post too, just ask me for a letter and I will gladly send one your way.



1. Children- specifically MY children. They are by far my greatest contribution to this world and they happen to be my dearest treasure.

2. Christ- I don't always have the answers but I know someone who does and that is Jesus Christ. If it weren't for Him, who would I pray to? I don't go to church but I am always talking to Christ.

3. Chocolate- When Jesus takes a moment to answer me, I have some chocolate in the meantime. Oh the rich darkness, the goodness, the calming soothing effect of bittersweet tastiness....need I go on? I'm embarrassing myself.

4. Clemens, Roger- It wasn't until this man signed with the Houston Astros that the team breathed life. Whether or not he plays this year doesn't matter to me. He has helped the rest of the team realize that they can be a competitive group that wins more than it loses. Plus, the games have been a lot more fun to watch too.

5. Computer- this little machine gives me a profession, it keeps me connected to far away places and far away people. It has made banking easy and gives me endless hours of enjoyment.

6. California- my home state. I was born and raised there and will always hold it dear to my heart. I will probably never live there again because it is too crowded.

7. Car- my car is my personal sanctuary. Winnie the Pooh had his thinking spot and I have my car. I can escape to anywhere I want to go. If I want to go to a movie I get in the car and drive there. If I want to go to Europe, I get in my car and park then daydream. I love my car.

8. Cholesteatoma- a vile word that strikes fear in me. This type of growth is what destroyed M-Boy's inner ear bones and started the long road of surgeries. I only write about this word because it has consumed much of my time as a parent.

9. Cinema- I love movies. I own about 600 DVDs and nearly 300 points on my AMC movie watcher card. I really enjoy watching movies alone too. No one talks to you and you can laugh out loud without disturbing anyone.

10. Cat- I am a cat person. There are cat people, dog people, cat & dog people and people who don't like either. Just 4 types of people in the western world. I think it says a lot about a person when they lump themselves into one of these categories. In fact, which are you?

15 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Al said...

Here I always thought of the letter "C" as a kinda humdrum letter. You sure brought it to life! Go ahead, make my day, give me a letter.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Mike said...

The Astros aint doing to bad without Clemens this year. My Braves sure could use him though.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I used to be just a cat person, but the other day I held a newborn puppy in my arms and I think I've converted. So now I'm both.

Everyone needs their thinking spot, it's true. Mine is the cemetary. I forget, where was Winnie's?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Al, I give you the letter "D". I don't know why. It just sounds different to me.

Mikey, the Astros are doing pretty good without. Yes I wanna see them go all the way but mostly I just like them to win more than they lose. It has been a fun season with so many rookies showing their stuff. Sorry that the Braves are doing so bad. I am not sure what is up with them but the season is young.

Leslie, Pooh Bear had that log under a tree and he would "think think think". I also like anyplace near water for nice clear thinking :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

I'm addicted to movies as well--esp when i watch then alone--so sound of anyone crunching on popcorn but me! Oh, and I'm a dog and cat person.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, my c word whould have to be "chaos" this week, darn it, and I hate it when that happens. Hope you are having a great week--thank goodness some improvement weatherwise, eh? Spring can be very lovely here once it actually "arrives"!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

I want a letter! Mum, lemme have one! ^^ And that's awesome things that you had for your letter. <33 I love you Mum!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

And as for coming over, Mum. I dont know. Xx Depends if I end up passing Geography. If I end up in summer School, I cant. so I'm trying my hardest. Took a test yesterday. I passed the test. If I get a really good grade on the Final Exam, I should be set. <33

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Etchen, I watched Poseidon today with my mom. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Plus, some real hotties in that movie ;)

Vickie, this weather has been so beautiful. Today was the best. I just now got indoors (if you don't count the 2 hours spent at the movie theater).

Solin, I hope you do extra good on your final. I'll be praying for you. And I choose the letter "R" for you. Have fun with it! xoxo

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Dog person, definitely. I like the idea of cats, and they can be very cute, but my theory is that domestic animals should respond to their name, and cuddle on demand.

These are great words! :-)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I think I must have as many movies as you!

I hate going to the movies cause I always end up with some punks in front or behind me throwing m&m's or kicking my seat and I can't smoke (so I can't concentrate on the film). I prefer to spend less, buy more and smoke at leisure (I can always hit pause).

What's your favourite movie? mine is the colour of money.

I am defo a cat person. I can just totally understand them.. Dogs annoy the hell out of me.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

what is <33 mean? I'm not into the whole l33t thing....

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I always thought I was just a cat person. But it turns out I am a cat and dog person. But cats... they are quieter and more snuggley and smell better and are frankly more portable. My dog is all-consuming. I don't like either "better", just different.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Give me a letter too, please!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Kim, I can understand about the cuddling issue. I really think it says what kind of person you are by liking dogs more. It says you like to cuddle and are energetic while us cat people sleep more with bursts of playfulness and will cuddle only when we feel like it which isn't very often ;)

Rowan, our movie theater here is pretty good. Only once on a weekend did I get hooligans in the show. jerks. I don't have a favorite movie because I like so many of them. I do like Empire of the Sun alot. I don't know why but it has always been a favorite. Mostly I like comedies and romance. Oh I think the <3 is a heart and <33 is multiple hearts. I could be wrong. It is hard to keep up with teens these days

Jayleigh, you are a Cat & Dog person for sure. I already knew that about you with all of your energy yet you loved to be pampered. I wish I was more of a cat & dog type of girl. And for your letter, I give you the charming "L". I'll send an email just in case you don't get to read this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home