Sunday, May 21, 2006

Drama Update

First of all, I think I should let everyone know that M-Boy will be serving his detention monday after school. When I called the VP he was really nice and not mad at all. I listened to what he had to say while all the while thinking of Temple Grandin (an adult autistic woman). He told me that M-Boy was such a sweet kid and doesn't realize what he is doing is rude. He screamed at this girl in class (very loudly) because the girl told the teacher M-Boy didn't have his assignment with him. Well they are partners and she couldn't lie to the teacher. So M-Boy took it out on the girl. This was the second offense too.

In one of Temple Grandin's books she talks about getting fired from a job because she would never shower. And she talks about her mom and grandmother being harsh with her but if it weren't for them, she wouldn't know right from wrong. So, I agreed to the detention. The VP felt that M-Boy didn't deserve to be put with the bad kids so he will be sitting in the office instead. M-Boy is terrified of detention so I think ( I hope ) next time he gets mad at someone in class, he won't yell and embarrass the poor kid.

Thank you to all. You knew where I was coming from about being soft. It comes from love and desire to protect but sometimes, like the song goes, you have to be cruel to be kind.

I am not sure how much I can post this week. It is surgery week. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

5 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I think you are doing the right thing. I know your boy is trying to deal with various situations and just needs some guidance when those situations arise; I think you are doing fine helping him learn from this experience. I truly hope all goes well with the surgery and will pray for such.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Poor M-Boy...but it sounds like the VP is dealing with it all in the right way.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

**hugs**

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

i think u did right by u'r son...and of course u'r family's in my prayers

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home