Friday, August 26, 2005

43 Things I'd Like to Do

The ever studly and sweet Dave asked me to list 43 (or as many as I could think of) things I would like to do before I die. Here is my list:

  1. Get into grad school and get my PhD in social or neuro psychology.
  2. Conduct my own gender study and get published.
  3. See my husband finish residency and set up his own practice.
  4. Be my ideal weight for the first time in my life since childhood.
  5. Get a breast reduction surgery (I so want small perky breasts!)
  6. Get in shape enough to play soccer again.
  7. See my children grow and start families of their own.
  8. Learn to play the guitar.
  9. Learn to speak Italian.
  10. Visit Sicily and Tunis to see where my Daddy grew up.
  11. Build my own home exactly to my design with a huge bathtub complete with a waterfall faucet.
  12. Read Harry Potter VII
  13. See myself be RIGHT when I say Snape isn't bad (it was a setup of Dumbledore's making, y'all)
  14. Stop being jealous
  15. Love myself completely
  16. Stop being a total basket case when I hear about bad things happening to children and actually do something about it.
  17. Get out of debt including my husband's medical school loans (yikes!)
  18. Get over certain phobias such as my fear of water, fish, heights and grasshoppers
  19. Meet Keanu Reeves and have him not mind me just staring at his brown eyes since I won't be able to speak
  20. Hug Spencer for real
  21. Meet my other blogger friends
  22. Be more patient with my kids
  23. See a cure for autism
  24. Visit every state in America including Hawaii and Alaska
  25. Have a reunion of my buddies from high school (here's to you B.G's!)
  26. Get back all the Portuguese I ever learned and then some
  27. Buy the turtle platter from Knottyboy's gallery
  28. Visit my friend in England and hug my English babies (her kids)
  29. Find a church that doesn't condemn other churches or people and centers on the love of Jesus AND have a rockin' great worship band
  30. Go parasailing one more time
  31. Be able to get drunk just once without getting all splotchy and red
  32. Get a pair of hand made denim jeans that fit my body perfectly
  33. Teach at the college level
  34. Learn higher math and get really great at stats
  35. Pet a tiger
  36. Own a zebra
  37. Plant my very own vegetable garden and peach tree ( I like peaches)
  38. Win a really big jackpot just once where they take my picture and put it up on the wall under the banner "Hall of Winners" whoohoo!
  39. Learn all the words to "Shine" by the Newsboys
  40. Find this crazy movie called American Dreamer on DVD and buy it
  41. Just ONCE not cry when Dakota fanning yells "Creacy!" in the movie Man On Fire when she is running to him
  42. Stop biting my nails
  43. Learn how to make coffee

well there you go. boring as usual. sorry but I am not very ambitious in life. I am quite content actually. I would like see SunGrooveTheory's list as well as Rowan and Kimanada but I won't pressure you gals. I know you have a life and many more years ahead of you than I do to complete these things. I finished it Dave!

9 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

"Build my own home exactly to my design with a huge bathtub complete with a waterfall faucet."

I'm there with ya girl!

"Creachy!"

Makes me & my daughter cry everytime too, we kept hoping it was a joke! We love Denzel!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

Will be doing my post shortly, please stand by.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Lara said...

I keep thinking I need to make a list like that....but I wouldn't want to put any pressure on myself or have actual life goals or anything like that. That would negate my life of laziness!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

obrigado Sangroncito

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

"See myself be RIGHT when I say Snape isn't bad (it was a setup of Dumbledore's making, y'all)"

Girl, I came to the same conclusion. I am hoping against hope that we're right. Ughhhhhh. I can hardly stand the wait!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

A very empowering list!

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen
And I Quote Blog

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Parabens...tens aqui uma lista muita linda.

As you can see, getting back my Portuguese is a big goal of mine, too. I lived in Lisbon for 6 years, but now I have a big Danish - Portuguese inner head wrestling thing going on.

I'll be thinking of this all day, and will hopefully post it in the evening...it's my birthday today, so perfect timing for this one. Obrigadissima para suggestao (e muitas desculpas, pois nao tenho todos os accentos aqui no computador).

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Great list. ^^ You can get all of it done, I believe so. ^^

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

el Idaho Falls plastic surgery es algo que no importar�a el o�r m�s alrededor.Chiao, Cyrstal Idaho Falls plastic surgery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home