Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This Is Why Statistics Suck

I read this yahoo article. It says that New York is the safest city. It ranked Los Angeles and Houston in the top ten. What a load of CR@P! So there is only one crime per every 37 people but do you know how many people live in New York? Over 9 million. That makes an outrageous number of crimes per year in my eyes. I would much rather live in a smaller city with less than a million population that has 1 crime per every 12 citizens. NY=243,243 crimes per year. A city with a population of 1,000,000 at a crime rate of 1:12 = 83,333 crime per year. I don't see how NY is safer. This is just the way I see it folks.

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I 100% agree with you. We're constantly told IN canada, that our crime rate is lower, but if you think about it. Per population, we're about even with the USA...we don't have anywhere near as many citizens is all.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Al said...

I believe it was Mark Twain who said : "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, Damned lies, and Statistics".

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, our area is about as big as I would ever want to go. My next move will be somewhere smaller still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home