Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Dark Side Of Daphnewood

While at Disneyland on our second day there (you really need more than 2 days to see everything) M-Boy was run over by an old fat woman on a motorized scooter. The pathway was crowded and she rammed the back of his leg and rolled over his foot. Then she didn't even check to see how he was and kept on scooting away. M-Boy was crying and screaming like a baby. He is still very child-like in some ways and he kept screaming "I hate her! I hate her!" My heart was breaking. I ran after the woman just because I felt I needed to say my piece. I caught up with her and her family. She had her even fatter son in a motorized scooter as well. The rest of her family (about 10 people in all) could walk. Now mind you, these were rented scooters. Mostly these people didn't want to walk. No problem but I am beginning to HATE the motorized scooters. I am an obese woman and think I will only get more obese if I revert to getting around by wheelchair only. And it is my opinion that if these people really needed the scooters they would have brought their own and not rented some. Disneyland should only rent normal wheelchairs and NOT motorized ones. A letter from me will be sent soon.

Anyway, I caught up with the woman and yelled my lungs out. I said "hey! You just ran over my son and didn't even stop!" Do you know what she replied? She said "I pushed the horn. He didn't get out of my way." What a freakin bitch. I screamed at her some more and said he can't hear. M-Boy is just as handicapped as she was and it certainly did not give her the right to run over whoever she pleases. At this point my family caught up to us with M-Boy bawling like a 3 year old. Her fatass son said "he walked in front of her. It's his fault." I told him to shut up because he knows it wasn't true. When the old woman saw M-Boy crying and sobbing she truly felt remorse. I can forgive anyone for accidents but I just can't forgive her for running away after. I know I am suppose to forgive but I still haven't been able to and it has been nearly a week.

I should have called the park police. She was on a motorized vehicle and left the scene of an accident. I could have got her ticketed or something. I was just too mad to think straight. I told her that she really needed to think about her barely audible horn and that perhaps the people in front of her cannot hear. I couldn't stand to look at her face or her family's faces anymore and left them to converse with my step-father. So yes, the dark side of Daphnewood has come out and hasn't quite left me yet. I still feel hate. And I haven't stopped hoping that someday they get hit by someone and that person just takes off like they did (her and her ENTIRE family). Then they will know how it feels. Gosh, my evilness is scary to even my ears. Papa (my step-father) says she was really sorry. I know that but he wasn't the one holding M-Boy while he threw up in the first aid office because he was so upset. Thank god there was nothing more than a bruise.

5 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, you are not evil. Your heart aches for your child, and rightfully so; you want to protect him and make sure people do the right and honorable thing when they hurt someone!! It is how you teach your own children to behave-honorably. Believe me, I would have, and have done, the same as you, and just wanted to bawl my eyes out reading this. Not everyone WILL do the right thing in the end, unfortunately. Shame on her for what she did, but I'm glad she did feel/show remorse.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Remind me to steer clear of your dark side. ;-) (I think you shoulda called Homeland Security. The woman is a threat to interstate commerce.)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Al said...

Oh Yeah, the momma grizzly bear protection syndrome. I have gone into papa grizzly bear mode on occasion. The other day Mrs. A.s boss made some inappropriate remarks. I asked her if she wanted me to go down to work and have a little talk with him in the elevator.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Vickie, thanks so much for your kind words. I saw one of the ladies in the party pick up her daughter (around age 6) and I thought to myself "they took off with a kid present?!" Nice lesson to teach her. Little Man wants to write a letter to governor Schwarzenegger to have the things banned. It warmed my heart to see him stick up for his brother that way because I know somewhere he got the right message. He is looking out for his brother by peaceful means first, writing a letter to the man in charge. What more could I ask for?

Rick, yeah I can get real bitchy. I don't think I have yelled that loud since I was a kid. It was like I was unleashed or something ;)

SA, right on the money! When I saw that woman die earlier this year the lady who hit her tried to flee too. My gosh, it is scary how the world is becoming so callous. Still, I have hope for humanity through my faith.

Al, sexual harrassment is another topic that sends my blood boiling. I had no tolerance for it when Clinton used his position of power over that intern and I certainly have no tolerance for this new scoundrel Foley. Your wife's boss needs to rectify his behavior or someone needs to do it for him.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Al said...

Yeah, and I volunteered to be the one to put the fear of God in him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home