Sunday, October 01, 2006

Home Sweet Home

We made home in one piece. We had a great time in sunny California. Here are some pics of our trip. I'll share more in depth later but for now it feels GREAT to be home.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Me and my daddy. He has lost a lot of weight (not in the good way) but I was so happy to spend time with him. The kids were glad to see him too.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



We took the kids to Medieval Times. My mom and I got tipsy since we weren't driving and then we forgot how to use the flash on the camera. We looked like fools, two drunk ladies trying to work a camera. The "knight" was super nice and patient with us until we got this blurry mess of a picture. I like it because that is how I was seeing things that night anyway.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



M-Boy is standing in front of the scariest ride ever. Mouse talked me into going on this thing. I am a huge fan of the Twilight Zone so I really wanted to see the inside. I ended up closing my eyes through most of it. I tried to go on it a second time but ended up closing my eyes that time too. Oh well. I think I saw the important parts anyway. It was called The Twilight Zone's Tower of Terror.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Little Man and Mouse waited in line for 30 minutes to talk to the Capt. Jack Sparrow. Disney is milking that iconic figure for all it is worth. I have to admit, the guy they had playing him to walk around the park was awesome. He acted just like the movie capt. He even walked like him. Little Man asked "do you survive getting eaten by the Kracken in the third movie?" And his reply was "I'm here, aren't I mate?" Little Man got really excited. I'll tell you more about that in another post.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I put this picture up because it sums up our trip quite nicely. Little Man ran everywhere and that is exactly how I felt, like I was running running running the entire trip. Now I need another vacation to rest from this one ;)

5 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) Glad you had a nice time! **hugs**

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Al said...

It's nice to spend some "Quality" time with your family. Gald your trip was a success.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back safe and sound, and that you got to spend time with your family. It's just a fact you always need a vacation after you take a vacation!

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

welcome back net mom looks like a good time was had by all!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Jay, it was a great time. It was hard to leave because there was still so much to do out there.

Al, my kids needed a break and my undivided attention. There wasn't much fighting between them for an entire a week. Amazing how life is when you are having fun.

Vickie, thanks for the welcome home. How are things at the star?

Ryan, thanks son! You would have had a blast. Have you ever gone out there with your family? You are probably closer to Disneyworld though.

SA, My daddy has 13 children. 5 are his and 8 are step-children but he doesn't distinguish the two. My step-brother C. is my age and we are closest to my father. He called C. his right arm and me his heart. I just wish I could see him more.

oh and I missed the fantastic run for the playoffs just to make it home on sunday. I saw them lose. I felt like a jinx. Plus all that cr@p about Clemens and Pettitte using HGH. Something very fishy about the timing of it all. oh well always next year. this one wasn't too awful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home