Thursday, October 05, 2006

Husbands and Squirrels

I talked to Mr. Daphnewood last night about my anger and hate for the 'hit and run family' at Disneyland. I felt a lot better afterwards. He made me realize I was really angry with myself for not handling it better (getting the park police) but there was no use in harboring such hate, especially since they probably haven't even thought twice about it. Why waste energy? Mica is fine and that is all that matters. Husbands can be so wise. I am very lucky to have such a great guy standing in my corner. He is a great husband and fantastic father. He made me feel better because he said he probably would have lost his medical license if he had been there; so my rampage was minor. I believe that. He gets real protective too. Anyway, problem solved and my sunny side is emerging once again.

Now on to the topic of squirrels. Al mentioned squirrels in his latest post and today I am seeing them everywhere! Dozens of them running through the trees. I saw two dead in the street. It broke my heart. Then I had a suicidal one try to run under my tires. Lucky for him I was in a school zone going no more than 25 mph and stopped easily. No roadkill for Daphnewood. But I can't help but notice how spazzy they are acting. Very very active. Do squirrels hibernate? Because the way they are acting around here makes me think of my kids right before they crash for the night. They get really really wound up and then BAMMM!!!! they are out for the count. I wonder if that is what these squirrels are doing.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-glad you feel better. Always nice to get it off your chest, especiall talking with someone who's opinion you resepct.
And the squirrels: really, they have been spazzy for a while now. They are everywhere with a walnut, acorn or whatever in their mouths scurrying to get ready for winter. I often find in the spring that they have buried acorns in planters I left out over winter! They build huge nests high up in trees; not sure they actually hibernate but you sure don't see them much once winter hits.
I hate to see them dead on the road, too; if you care at all about animals, it does hurt to see it, but it happens a lot around here. I try to be careful. For many folks tho, they just dart out in the road and you don't have a chance to stop. You have such a good hear, Daph!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

must just b in the water coz there acting crazy here in atlanta also.

we know net dad rocks coz he married net mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home