Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This Is Never Good


We are peanut butter eaters in this house. I mostly buy the natural style. You know, the kind you have to stir up and put in the fridge. It is superior peanut butter. But sometimes I buy the Wal-Mart brand when I know the kids won't stir it up and I do not want to get up at 6am and do the stirring. So that is where this jar came from. I bought it and it has been sitting there because we now have the good kind which everyone prefers. So yesterday I see this jar on the shelf and think to myself "hey that is Wal-mart's brand. Great Value. Wasn't that one of those peanut butters that was tainted with salmonella?" So I do a quick internet search and look. Sure enough but it is those jars with codes that begin with 2111. That is when I think (or maybe say out loud) "Holy crap! this jar has the 2111 code." I unscrew the top and see that some has been eaten. This is never a good sign. After much interrogation of my children and family I realized it was eaten weeks ago and no one got sick. Mr. Daphnewood said, if they have't gotten sick by now then they won't. But we trashed the PB. No need to tempt fate.

8 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger L B said...

Yeah, no need to tempt fate.. I mean, it's not even Lormaikai, right?

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Sticky situation, that. Glad it worked out for ya. ;-)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

OH yeah! I would have chucked it too! Maybe you just got lucky, or maybe you're real healthy folk who have good immune system. Either way, best to not chance it :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

After that news came out, I checked ours. We had 1/2 a jar of 2111. Oops! Chunked and went to get another jar. The shelves at the store were bare. Sad kids. :(

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

LB, I typed in "lormaikai recipe" into a google search and you and Simple American showed up on the first page. I think you two made it up. There is no such thing as lormaikai. What do you say to those charges?

Rick, you must be feeling better to get a smartass joke like that in :) I hope you really are feeling well.

Rowan, we are all pretty healthy except my mom and Mouse. Mouse has the most delicate stomach but she also my biggest PB eater. I think we just got lucky.


SA, I got sick once too from food. It took a while to eat again. I still can't eat Ruffles potato chips.


FH, I should have known better because the shelves were cleaned out at our local walmart except for the smuckers organic PB natural style. I just didn;t put two and two together to realize hey, the store sold you peanutbutter and now this store is clearing its shelves. Check the PB! I can be lame that way.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger L B said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! You are kidding me!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger L B said...

No, you weren't! I googled too!! OMG!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Glad nobody's sick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home